Sunday, April 13, 2014


¡Hola y bienvenido a mi blog! 

I'm currently student teaching at Potter Gray Elementary in Bowling Green, KY and LOVING it. However, in just a week I'm boarding a plane to Spain to wrap up my undergrad student teaching in Barcelona! (Shout out to WKU for this opportunity!)
Exciting times over here! :) It will be my first time abroad, and I have no idea what to expect. I have been corresponding with my sweet host family, and I can't wait to meet them! (All SIX of them!)

As you can tell by the title, I am so SO excited to EAT in Spain, as well! I have always wanted to visit Spain, so it's a perfect place to start my new life as a world traveler. ;) (....we'll pick the traveling back up after J.D. survives dental school.)

I have no idea how to mentally prepare for a trip like this, so here's a quick rundown of my top 10 things I am looking forward to:

(in no particular order)

1. The COFFEE. (ok maybe that was intended to be toward the top)
2. Meeting my students!! I am confident I will be learning so much more from them than they will from me.
3. Worshipping with the Christians in Spain :)
4. Seeing the Mediterranean Sea in person! Ahh!
5. The fooooooooooooooooooooood. (That could have a whole list, itself.)
6. Walking places. Driving is so overrated.
7. Checking out Gaudí's architecture. SO cool.
8. Hanging out with my host family! I hope they don't get tired of me, because I want them to take me everywhere! So excited to see the place through the eyes of a local family.
9. Shopping. Because I always like that.
10. The music! I may come back as a flamenco-dancing pro. Look out world.

Ok that's the tip of the iceberg. Any tips for packing only a *few* clothes? I'm terrible at that. I'm excited to share my experiences! I think I'll actually get instagram and vine now. I figure it's a good time to catch up with technology. My goal is to post on here a couple times a week...not sure what my schedule will be like for sure. Prayers and advice appreciated!!

¡Hasta luego!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment